Power/Vac** Metal Clad Switchgear
GE Commercial Alliance with Powell Industries
Effective August 2006, GE and Powell Industries entered into a commercial alliance that offers new benefits to our customers.
Powell has acquired technology and certain assets associated with GE's MV ANSI switchgear product line, including breakers.
Powell will provide GE with all of its MV ANSI switchgear needs, including equipment rated up to 38kV and a complete line of arc-resistant equipment.
The alliance shows GE's long term commitment to supply all equipment and systems for the management and control of electrical energy, and our medium-voltage switchgear offering grows to meet the more demanding needs of industrial customers. This alliance will allow us to be a one-stop-shop for all our customer's needs by offering an expanded MV product line of quality, proven, and reliable products.
Not only was GE first to market vacuum interrupter technology, we invented it. And, with an installed base of 125,000 units, Power/Vac continues to bring you high quality, low maintenance and long life.
Power/Vac switchgear incorporates the compartment concept with grounded metal barriers that segregate primary functions so that no live parts are exposed. Safety interlocks are standard, as are closed door racking and storage, breaker position indicator and positively actuated safety shutters. It meets a wide variety of protection and switching applications. All functional units – incoming line, radial feeders, feeder bypass, bus-tie, bus-entrance and auxiliary units – are available to give you wide latitude in system planning. These, plus the versatility of one- or two-high stacking, afford maximum value for your application dollar.
At the heart of every Power/Vac switchgear is the vacuum interrupter, which delivers fast, quiet power switching and precise arc extinction. See more information in the Features below.
Features and Benefits
- 4.76 to 15kV rated maximum voltage.
- 3 and 5 Cycle Rating for All 5KV, 7.2KV and 15KV circuit breakers.
- Qualified to Latest Industry Standards, meets IEEE/ANSI C37.06-2009.
- POWER/VAC breakers feature easy-to-read controls and indicators, an easily inspected primary disconnect, contact erosion indicator and precisely tooled breaker mechanisms. A lower compartment roll-in breaker is available for indoor or walk-in outdoor switchgear.
- Standardization and interchangeability of POWER/VAC breakers greatly simplify maintenance and training. For example, all breakers are the same size, and most frame parts, primary conductors, disconnects and mechanisms are interchangeable.
- The main bus compartment is completely isolated by 11 gauge metal barriers. Bus bars insulated with high dielectric epoxy and pass through track-resistant polyester glass barriers between cubicles.
- The secondary disconnect combines the contact reliability of a plug with the self-aligning convenience of sliding contacts.
- Current transformers are located behind mechanically actuated safety shutters and a barrier that isolates the primary disconnect as the breaker is moved into the disconnect position.
- Voltage transformer trays are automatically grounded on withdrawal, which provides isolation from primary connections.
- Dry type control power transformers are insulated with molded resin epoxy and mounted in a drawout tray for easy access.
- Even two-breaker vertical sections offer ample space for terminating up to two 750 MCM cables per phase.
- Fully tested to all applicable ANSI, IEEE and NEMA standards.