GE's New Power Input Module Simplifies Telecom Board Design
- 400-Watt Power Input Module in a Quarter-Brick Footprint
- Optional I2C Digital Interface
- Performs Low-Level Board Power-Management Tasks with Minimal Real Estate
DALLAS - September 12, 2013 - GE's Critical Power business (NYSE: GE) today introduced its new PIM400 Power Input Module, simplifying the task of implementing dual redundant, hot-swappable -48-volt DC power distribution. Available in a quarter-brick design (2.3" by 1.45" by 0.54"), the PIM400's reduced footprint enables original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to install additional components in the freed-up space on the board.
The PIM400 offers an optional I2C digital interface allowing a user to monitor and report critical module parameters. Together with GE's Barracuda Series of bus converters and DLynx™ Series of point of load devices, the PIM400 modules provide a sophisticated and efficient power architecture solution for all advanced telecommunications computing architecture (ATCA) applications. For additional product details, visit www.lineagepower.com/oem/atca-pim-pim-dc-dc-converter-from-lineage-power....
Key features and benefits of the PIM400
- Supports ATCA blade's power requirements.
- Supports wide range of input voltage—from 36 to 75 volts.
- Provides isolated management power (3.3-volt and 5-volt output).
- Optional I2C digital interface for monitoring and data reporting.
- Available in a quarter-brick form factor, providing higher power in a smaller footprint compared to previous generation products.
- Single module replaces numerous discrete components, performing complex low-level board power-management tasks while occupying minimal board space.
- Potential applications include central office telecommunications infrastructure equipment, ATCA front board/blades, telecommunications servers, cloud/data-storage products and military applications.
Availability and pricing
PIM400 pricing begins at $47.60 at OEM volumes. For more information, please call +1 877 546 3243 or +1 972 244 9288.
About GE's Critical Power business
GE's Critical Power business provides mission-critical applications with end-to-end power product and service solutions specifically designed to maximize uptime while improving energy efficiency. The solutions offered by the Critical Power business add to GE's broader Industrial Solutions portfolio of leading technologies designed for the delivery, management and optimization of electrical power for customers across multiple industries. To learn more about GE's Critical Power business, visit: www.gecriticalpower.com.
GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company's website at www.ge.com.
Follow GE Energy Management and its Critical Power business on Twitter @GE_EnergyMgmt and @GEcriticalpower.
# # #
For more information, contact:
GE Critical Power
+1 972 244 9497